Posted to users@cocoon.apache.org by Carl Yestrau <dr...@criticalmass.com> on 2003/11/12 16:56:22 UTC

SVG to SWF

I would like to use cocoon to convert simple svg images into swf format. I
looked into the source of /samples/hello-world/style/page2swf.xsl and it is
rather complex and cryptic. I have conducted investigation on the web and I
could not find any documentation with regards to using cocoon and the
SWFSerializer.

Thanks in advance,
Carl

Re: SVG to SWF

Posted by Boris Althaus <bo...@petra-productions.de>.
Yes I think it is the caching. On my computer it works.
I don't have to decide about the licensing model, but I thing we would change the licensing model to a cocoon-conform license, if this is a obstacle.

Boris

Posted by Bertrand Delacretaz <bd...@apache.org>.
Le Jeudi, 13 nov 2003, à 13:16 Europe/Zurich, Joerg Heinicke a écrit :

> Boris Althaus wrote:
>> Hello Joerg,
>>  what kind of lince would be the right one.
>> Where can i take the approciate licence-text
>>  Boris
>
> Maybe someone else can jump in here and correct me or add additional
> information...

The jfor (www.jfor.org) or chaperon (http://chaperon.sourceforge.net/)
licenses are other examples of ASF-like licenses which are ok for
Cocoon.

-Bertrand

Re: SVG to SWF

Posted by Joerg Heinicke <jh...@virbus.de>.
Boris Althaus wrote:
> Hello Joerg,
>
> what kind of lince would be the right one.
> Where can i take the approciate licence-text
>
> Boris

Maybe someone else can jump in here and correct me or add additional
information.

You can use an Apache style license (http://www.apache.org/licenses/) or a
compatible license as I know BSD is one. You use the JGenerator and they
also use an Apache style license (http://www.flashgap.com/contribute.html).

Joerg

--
System Development
VIRBUS AG

Re: SVG to SWF

Posted by Boris Althaus <bo...@petra-productions.de>.
Hello Joerg,

Re: SVG to SWF

Posted by Joerg Heinicke <jh...@virbus.de>.

Re: SVG to SWF

Re: SVG to SWF

Posted by Bertrand Delacretaz <bd...@apache.org>.
Le Jeudi, 13 nov 2003, à 10:28 Europe/Zurich, Joerg Heinicke a écrit :
> ...Ah, didn't know that. Then not replacing, but just another input
> format :-)

ok!

-Bertrand

Re: SVG to SWF

Posted by Joerg Heinicke <jh...@virbus.de>.

Re: SVG to SWF

Posted by Bertrand Delacretaz <bd...@apache.org>.
Le Mercredi, 12 nov 2003, à 18:40 Europe/Zurich, Joerg Heinicke a écrit
:

Re: SVG to SWF

Posted by Joerg Heinicke <jh...@virbus.de>.

Re: SVG to SWF

Posted by Stephan Michels <st...@apache.org>.
On Wed, 12 Nov 2003, Carl Yestrau wrote:

> I would like to use cocoon to convert simple svg images into swf format. I
> looked into the source of /samples/hello-world/style/page2swf.xsl and it is
> rather complex and cryptic. I have conducted investigation on the web and I
> could not find any documentation with regards to using cocoon and the
> SWFSerializer.

There also exist an SVG to SWF serializer:

http://www.productionserver.org/serializer/demo/

I can't tell you if it works, but it might help.

Stephan.