Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by Herchel Wojciech <W....@pzuzycie.com.pl> on 2001/03/07 14:14:21 UTC

bug or wrong Apache+Tomcat configuration???

Hi all!
I've encountered following problem. i have a protected area defined in my
web.xml file:

<security-constraint>
  <web-resource-collection>
     <web-resource-name>Protected Area</web-resource-name>
      <url-pattern>/protected/*</url-pattern>
      <http-method>DELETE</http-method>
      <http-method>GET</http-method>
      <http-method>POST</http-method>
	<http-method>PUT</http-method>
 </web-resource-collection>
     <auth-constraint>
       <role-name>test</role-name>
	 <role-name>develope</role-name>
	 <role-name>agent</role-name>
     </auth-constraint>
</security-constraint>

under /protected I have serveral jsp files and they cannot be accessed
without authorization. however html and js files can be easily accessed
without authorization, simply by requesting a proper URL
(http://mydomain/protected/somefile.html) !!!!!! why is that?

vVolf