Posted to fop-dev@xmlgraphics.apache.org by sc...@marchFIRST.com on 2000/06/21 17:31:00 UTC

Error Messages for FOP App

I'm pretty new to java, but I've written a java app that generates PDFs
using FOP.  I want the app to run when a user submits a form from a web
page.   What will happen to all of those System.out.println statements that
display the status of the PDF generation if FOP isn't kicked off from a
command line?

Re: Error Messages for FOP App

Posted by Fotis Jannidis <Fo...@lrz.uni-muenchen.de>.
> I'm pretty new to java, but I've written a java app that generates PDFs
> using FOP.  I want the app to run when a user submits a form from a web
> page.   What will happen to all of those System.out.println statements that
> display the status of the PDF generation if FOP isn't kicked off from a
> command line?

It certainly depends mostly on the system you are using Fop with but probably the error
messages will be lost.
Fotis