Posted to jetspeed-user@portals.apache.org by "Sie, Yang" <ya...@FMR.COM> on 2007/10/05 16:47:08 UTC

Sync OJB from Two WAS Servers Pointing to One DB

Hello:

I am posting this for my colleague. He posted it but didn't show up...

We got an issue when we tested in the environment with 2 jetspeed
applications (same) deployed in separated WAS6.1 connected to one
database.

The issue is the preference updated from one JS2 application was not
visible from the other JS2.

The following is what we thought of the cause of this issue.

*User launches two browsers each targeting to one WAS instance.
.On WAS1, the user changes his preference and updates it, the preference
then gets updated in WAS1 OJB layer and database.
*When the user switches to use the browser which targets the WAS2
environment, the request gets the existing preferences already loaded in
its OJB layer which does not have updated data from database.

we have not found and do not know if Jetspeed provides a mechanism to
sync/refresh the ojb layer across multiple WAS instances.

The questions are

1)Is there any configuration we need change to share the ojb cache
across multiple WAS instance?
2)How/Can we disable ojb cache to resolve the issue? i.e. not using
OJB's capability but make request goes to DB directly.
3)Does Jetspeed support distributed ojb cache, in other word, to
synchronize ojb cache at runtime?

Thank you

Chao

Re: Sync OJB from Two WAS Servers Pointing to One DB

Posted by Philip Mark Donaghy <pm...@apache.org>.
You should try adding,

       <object-cache class="org.apache.ojb.broker.cache.ObjectCacheEmptyImpl">
       </object-cache>

To the file prefs_repository.xml

Philip

--
Philip Donaghy
Cushing Technologies

Re: Sync OJB from Two WAS Servers Pointing to One DB

Posted by Philip Mark Donaghy <pm...@apache.org>.
I think this might help you.
http://db.apache.org/ojb/docu/guides/objectcache.html#Turn+off+caching

Philip

On 10/5/07, Sie, Yang <ya...@fmr.com> wrote:
> Hello:
>
> I am posting this for my colleague. He posted it but didn't show up...
>
> We got an issue when we tested in the environment with 2 jetspeed
> applications (same) deployed in separated WAS6.1 connected to one
> database.
>
> The issue is the preference updated from one JS2 application was not
> visible from the other JS2.
>
> The following is what we thought of the cause of this issue.
>
> *User launches two browsers each targeting to one WAS instance.
> .On WAS1, the user changes his preference and updates it, the preference
> then gets updated in WAS1 OJB layer and database.
> *When the user switches to use the browser which targets the WAS2
> environment, the request gets the existing preferences already loaded in
> its OJB layer which does not have updated data from database.
>
> we have not found and do not know if Jetspeed provides a mechanism to
> sync/refresh the ojb layer across multiple WAS instances.
>
> The questions are
>
> 1)Is there any configuration we need change to share the ojb cache
> across multiple WAS instance?
> 2)How/Can we disable ojb cache to resolve the issue? i.e. not using
> OJB's capability but make request goes to DB directly.
> 3)Does Jetspeed support distributed ojb cache, in other word, to
> synchronize ojb cache at runtime?
>
> Thank you
>
> Chao

Philip Donaghy