Posted to users@activemq.apache.org by mtod <mt...@thetods.net> on 2012/11/14 01:25:04 UTC

Need help with Oracle SQL to ActiveMQ model

I’m working on a model that will send the results from an Oracle SQL query to
remote Web Service:

Oracle DB 11gR2 -> Oracle Enterprise Gateway -> ActiveMQ -> Windows .Net
Client Service -> Remote Web Service

All current versions.

So far I have the path from the Oracle Gateway to the Web Service working.

What I’m missing is the SQL query to OEG ActiveMQ I'm not sure how to
address the addressing in the SQL query to send the results to ActiveMQ.

I used the following document to setup the model.
http://www.oracle.com/technetwork/middleware/id-mgmt/documentation/activemq-oeg-integration-guide-428892.pdf

I’m looking to see if anyone has an example of the SQL query to OEG
ActiveMQ.
Thanks in advance for any help you may provide.

Re: Need help with Oracle SQL to ActiveMQ model

Posted by Torsten Mielke <to...@fusesource.com>.
On Nov 14, 2012, at 4:55 PM, mtod wrote:

> Thanks Torsten for the reply
>
> I'm looking for the syntax or process to use a PL/SQL (Internal Oracle)
> query that would route the message to ActiveMQ from Oracle.
>
> I have everything setup down to the client I can even send messages from the
> Oracle Gateway to the ActiveMQ client.
>
> What I'm missing is how to get it from the Query to the gateway->ActiveMQ.

If I understand you correctly, then you should be able to use a Camel route to consume messages using an SQL query against your database and route these to your ActiveMQ broker.
That Camel route could also run inside your ActiveMQ broker JVM.
See my previous email and the links provided.

However I am not entirely sure if this is what you want.

Regards,

Torsten Mielke
torsten@fusesource.com
tmielke.blogspot.com

Re: Need help with Oracle SQL to ActiveMQ model

Posted by Torsten Mielke <to...@fusesource.com>.
On Nov 14, 2012, at 1:25 AM, mtod wrote:

> I’m working on a model that will send the results from an Oracle SQL query to
> remote Web Service:
>
> Oracle DB 11gR2 -> Oracle Enterprise Gateway -> ActiveMQ -> Windows .Net
> Client Service -> Remote Web Service

Sorry which part of the path is not working?
Oracle DB 11gR2 -> Oracle Enterprise Gateway, or
Oracle Enterprise Gateway -> ActiveMQ?

This isn't clear to me.

> So far I have the path from the Oracle Gateway to the Web Service working.
>
> What I’m missing is the SQL query to OEG ActiveMQ I'm not sure how to
> address the addressing in the SQL query to send the results to ActiveMQ.

Some customers use Camel to query an SQL database and route the messages elsewhere (e.g. ActiveMQ) but I am not sure this is what you're looking for.
Camel has a SQL [1] and JDBC [2] component, perhaps these can help you.

[1] http://camel.apache.org/sql-component.html
[2] http://camel.apache.org/jdbc.html