Posted to user@poi.apache.org by krishnanand thiyadath <at...@gmail.com> on 2008/09/05 13:47:05 UTC

regarding increase in file size

Hi Guys,

 I am using POI to read an excel file and write it to a different location.
When i do that, i see difference in both the file sizes. The size of
the file that i write is
greater than the file of the size i read.

I see this size difference only for the files that have formula cells in it.

And if i open and save the file that i have written, the size reduces to
the original one (correct size).

Can any one tell me, how i can avoid this size difference.

--
with thanks,
krishnanand.

Re: regarding increase in file size

Posted by Nick Burch <ni...@torchbox.com>.
On Fri, 5 Sep 2008, krishnanand thiyadath wrote:
> Thanks for your reply. So we can not avoid the increase in file size.

Alas not without many days of core poi coding, no.

Nick

Re: regarding increase in file size

Posted by krishnanand thiyadath <at...@gmail.com>.
Hi Nick,