Posted to dev@openoffice.apache.org by Asia Jones <as...@hotmail.com> on 2014/06/04 08:11:42 UTC

PDF Not saving some characters

I was hoping to get some help with an issue I have. On two separate occasions, when I've made a document into a PDF, Japanese characters, and the elongated - symbol have not properly, and have come out as rectangular boxes. Is there any way to fix this?

Re: PDF Not saving some characters

Posted by Rory O'Farrell <of...@iol.ie>.
On Tue, 3 Jun 2014 23:11:42 -0700
Asia Jones <as...@hotmail.com> wrote:

> I was hoping to get some help with an issue I have. On two separate occasions, when I've made a document into a PDF, Japanese characters, and the elongated - symbol have not properly, and have come out as rectangular boxes. Is there any way to fix this?

This is a font issue. Try setting to PDF/A-1a in Export as PDF dialog

--
Rory O'Farrell <of...@iol.ie>