Posted to dev@tomcat.apache.org by Andi Giri <AG...@Onexstream.com> on 2000/03/14 15:37:13 UTC

Problem with Tomcat on IIS/PWS

Hello

I am a newbie in the Tomcat domain.
I am running Microsoft Personal Web Server under Windows 98,
and am attempting to have Tomcat up and running, so that I can run
my servlets and JSP pages.  I do not have Apache Web server installed.

I have installed the Tomcat system on my PC, and am having difficulty
running my first servlet.  These are the steps that I underwent:

1) Unzip the tomcat zip file into "C:\SW\Jakarta\tomcat"
2) Run "tomcat start" from "C:\SW\Jakarta\tomcat\tomcat\bin"
Tomcat is running on on a separate window.
3) Go to the browser and type
http://localhost:8080/servlet/snoop
I get the error "The page cannot be found"
4) I think I should be editing the file,
C:\SW\Jakarta\tomcat\tomcat\webapps\examples\WEB-INF\web.xml
Can u provide me with a sample for testing the snoop servlet,
or HelloWorldExample servlet?

Andi Giri