Posted to user@jmeter.apache.org by Jacqui Zurcher <Jz...@juta.co.za> on 2005/03/22 15:57:01 UTC

POST action returning incorrect result of GET operation

HI

I am experiencing a problem when I try and perform a POST submission of
an HTTP Request. I have an HTTP Request Default and HTTP Request in my
Test Plan and I have specified the submission method to be POST,
specified the path correctly and supplied the parameters.

I have a Response Assertion and I Save Responses to a file. I also view
the Assertion results and it looks like everything is fine and the
method is indeed a post to the correct url with the correct query
string.  (I am assuming I need not worry that it is referring to posted
parameters as a query string)

The problem is that the response page is not what the result of a post
operation should be, but reflects the expected result of a GET call to
the same url path.

I saw in an old bug fix list thsat there had been some problems with
POST operations, but these were not expounded apon.

Does anyone have any suggestions on what I could try to get this to
work.

Jacqui

NB: This email and its contents are subject to our email legal notice
which can be viewed at: www.juta.co.za/disclaimer.htm

Should you be unable to access the link provided, please contact our
offices for a copy of the legal notice at: +27 21 763 3500

the system manager.