Posted to dev@wicket.apache.org by Igor Vaynberg <ig...@gmail.com> on 2007/03/08 00:41:52 UTC

VOTE release 1.3beta

this vote is to release 1.3beta

-igor

Re: VOTE release 1.3beta

Posted by Al Maw <wi...@almaw.com>.
Igor Vaynberg wrote:
> this vote is to release 1.3beta

+1, but only after I've made the Maven 2 stuff nicer, so we can make
this repeatable (WICKET-228).

Al

Re: VOTE release 1.3beta

Posted by Frank Bille <fr...@gmail.com>.
+1 on 1.3-beta1-incubating.

Re: VOTE release 1.3beta

Posted by Juergen Donnerstag <ju...@gmail.com>.
+1

Juergen

Re: VOTE release 1.3beta

Posted by Jean-Baptiste Quenot <jb...@apache.org>.
* Igor Vaynberg:

--
     Jean-Baptiste Quenot
aka  John Banana   Qwerty

Re: VOTE release 1.3beta

Posted by Martijn Dashorst <ma...@gmail.com>.
+1

Please note that this is merely a 'legal' release to ratify our
release procedure and to identify any remaining legal issues.

Martijn

--
Learn Wicket at ApacheCon Europe: http://apachecon.com
Wicket 1.2.5 will keep your server alive. Download Wicket now!

Re: VOTE release 1.3beta

Posted by Eelco Hillenius <ee...@gmail.com>.
+1

Re: VOTE release 1.3beta

Posted by Gwyn Evans <gw...@gmail.com>.
+1

/Gwyn

Re: VOTE release 1.3beta

Posted by Igor Vaynberg <ig...@gmail.com>.
+1

-igor

Re: VOTE release 1.3beta

Posted by Eelco Hillenius <ee...@gmail.com>.
Yeah, I'd like like to have it available somewhere, preferably in the
maven repository. Can't we name the version such that it is clear that
it is an unofficial version or something?

Eelco

Re: VOTE release 1.3beta

Posted by Eelco Hillenius <ee...@gmail.com>.
On 3/10/07, Igor Vaynberg <ig...@gmail.com> wrote:
> and people who are interested already have it via our maven repository

No, and *this* is my point: they only have snapshots currently. Any
fixture, even if it was just a date, would give people the ability to
take a rest for a few days. Nothing more, as it's not a branch and
eventually they'll have to get the other features in if they want to
take advantage of further bug fixes and stuff.

Eelco

Re: VOTE release 1.3beta

Posted by Igor Vaynberg <ig...@gmail.com>.

Re: VOTE release 1.3beta

Posted by Eelco Hillenius <ee...@gmail.com>.

Re: VOTE release 1.3beta

Posted by Eelco Hillenius <ee...@gmail.com>.
We've been here before though. :) It seems impossible to come to a
common understanding on this. For the record, I agree with Johan, but
I think that if we can't agree on whether to call it beta, we should
just call it alpha or integration build or something. As long as we
keep going trying to push a release out.

Eelco

Re: VOTE release 1.3beta

Posted by Igor Vaynberg <ig...@gmail.com>.

Re: VOTE release 1.3beta

Posted by Johan Compagner <jc...@gmail.com>.
beta == changes can happen..

Re: VOTE release 1.3beta

Posted by Gwyn Evans <gw...@gmail.com>.
As I mentioned in another thread, my preference would be 'checkpoint',
maybe with a date, but as long as we don't raise any expectations
about it, then I'm not against making it semi-public if/when we get it
cleared.

/Gwyn

Re: VOTE release 1.3beta

Posted by Xavier Hanin <xa...@gmail.com>.

Re: VOTE release 1.3beta

Posted by Igor Vaynberg <ig...@gmail.com>.
if all you want to do is to create a separate version for this in our maven
repo thats fine with me.

Re: VOTE release 1.3beta

Posted by Eelco Hillenius <ee...@gmail.com>.

Re: VOTE release 1.3beta

Posted by Igor Vaynberg <ig...@gmail.com>.

Re: VOTE release 1.3beta

Posted by Eelco Hillenius <ee...@gmail.com>.

Re: VOTE release 1.3beta

Posted by Igor Vaynberg <ig...@gmail.com>.
i dont see how you expect to get traction when people know there are big api
breaks coming soon? why try something that will be completely broken in a
week?

the people who are interested are the people who build from source, so i

Re: VOTE release 1.3beta

Posted by Martijn Dashorst <ma...@gmail.com>.

Re: VOTE release 1.3beta

Posted by Igor Vaynberg <ig...@gmail.com>.