Posted to dev@jackrabbit.apache.org by Jukka Zitting <ju...@gmail.com> on 2011/09/11 13:53:02 UTC

Draft status report

Hi,

See [1] for a draft (also copied below) of the Jackrabbit status
report for the ASF board meeting on Sep 21st. Comments are welcome.
I'll submit the report around the end of the week.

[1] http://jackrabbit.apache.org/jackrabbit-status-september-2011.html

BR,

Jukka Zitting

----

The Apache Jackrabbit™ content repository is a fully conforming
implementation of the
Content Repository for Java™ Technology API (JCR, specified in JSR 170 and 283).

The Apache Jackrabbit project is in good shape. We have no board-level
issues at this time.

o Releases

  We made one Jackrabbit 2.2.x patch release in this quarter:

  * Apache Jackrabbit 2.2.8 on August 23rd

o Legal / Branding

  No open issues.

o Community / Development

  Apache Jackrabbit has been nominated for the 2011 Swiss Open Source Award [1]
  in the community category. We will be attending the award ceremony on
  Tuesday, Sep 13th.

  We are planning to cut the Jackrabbit 2.3.0 release from trunk in near
  future. To increase the rate at which latest work in the trunk gets
  released (it is already nine months since Jackrabbit 2.2), we are
  considering an odd/even versioning strategy where all odd releases
  like 2.3.x are cut directly from trunk, and stable maintenance
  branches like 2.4.x get created every now and then for production-ready
  releases.

  Active work on the new microkernel prototype targeting Jackrabbit 3.0
  continues.

o Infrastructure

  The planned migration from Confluence to the new CMS soon is still
pending for action on our part.

[1] http://www.ossaward.ch/