Posted to modperl@perl.apache.org by Jens-Uwe Mager <ju...@helios.de> on 2000/08/24 00:46:36 UTC

PATCH: AIX build fix for the apaci style build

Well, I have only used the apxs DSO style build previously and did not
notice that for linking modperl statically into httpd (apaci style)
there are small problems due to the AIX specifix .exp file business. The
following patch fixes this, in particular it adds the mod_perl.exp file
as an export file while httpd is linked to export the extra symbols from
modperl needed by libapreq and Embperl. It also adds logic to
Apache::src to find the httpd.exp if modperl is not a DSO.

While doing that I noticed that mod_include if built as DSO for PERL_SSI
needs to reference the perl symbols but the build procedure does only
reference the httpd.exp file and not the perl.exp file, so this will not
work yet. I had to use a config like this:

perl Makefile.PL EVERYTHING=1 DO_HTTPD=1 USE_APACI=1 \
	APACI_ARGS="--enable-module=most --enable-shared=max --disable-shared=perl --disable-shared=include"

I also tested the build procedure using the apxs tool like this:

perl Makefile.PL USE_APXS=1 EVERYTHING=1 WITH_APXS=/usr/local/apache/bin/apxs

this still works but has the problem of the memory leak at server
restart.

--
Jens-Uwe Mager

HELIOS Software GmbH
Steinriede 3
30827 Garbsen
Germany

Phone:		+49 5131 709320
FAX:		+49 5131 709325
Internet:	jum@helios.de

Re: PATCH: AIX build fix for the apaci style build

Posted by Doug MacEachern <do...@covalent.net>.
On Thu, 24 Aug 2000, Jens-Uwe Mager wrote:

> Well, I have only used the apxs DSO style build previously and did not
> notice that for linking modperl statically into httpd (apaci style)
> there are small problems due to the AIX specifix .exp file business. The
> following patch fixes this, in particular it adds the mod_perl.exp file
> as an export file while httpd is linked to export the extra symbols from
> modperl needed by libapreq and Embperl. It also adds logic to
> Apache::src to find the httpd.exp if modperl is not a DSO.

applied, thanks!

> While doing that I noticed that mod_include if built as DSO for PERL_SSI
> needs to reference the perl symbols but the build procedure does only
> reference the httpd.exp file and not the perl.exp file, so this will not
> work yet. I had to use a config like this:
>
> perl Makefile.PL EVERYTHING=1 DO_HTTPD=1 USE_APACI=1 \
> 	APACI_ARGS="--enable-module=most --enable-shared=max --disable-shared=perl --disable-shared=include"

you should also be able to use PERL_SSI=0

hmm, Makefile.PL could probably detect if mod_include is static or not,
i'm not sure it's worth it though.