Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by Abel MacAdam <ab...@gmail.com> on 2007/12/14 12:03:38 UTC

Tomcat 6.0: placement JAAS config file?

 Hi all,

I just got my JAAS example working on Tomcat 6.0. To accomplish that I
created a directory in webapps called myjaas, placed my jsp file, and
jaas.config file in that directory, and placed my jar-file in
myjaas\WEB-INF\lib. Next I added the placement of my jaas.config to the
'Java Options' in the tab 'Java' in the 'Apache Tomcat Properties' window,
and restarted Tomcat.

My question. I tried different places of the jaas.config file. One of them
in the $CATALINA_HOME\conf directory (while changing the 'Apache Tomcat
Properties' accordingly). But I now had the error that the LoginModule I
made could not be found.

I would think a jaas configuration file should belong in the conf/
directory. I could not make it happen. Is the place correct which I
described in the first paragraph, or should it be placed in
$CATALINA_HOME\conf? Do you have any other comments (like the wisdom of
setting the location of my jaas.config in 'Apache Tomcat Properties' )

Looking forward to your comments.
Abel