Posted to dev@openoffice.apache.org by Rory O'Farrell <of...@iol.ie> on 2017/10/27 09:07:48 UTC

4.1.4 virus warning - False positive?

On Forum today was posted the following from a user

> My G-data (my Antivirus software) has reported as follows::

> Junkware (PUP): Win32.Adware.Narn.D (Engine B)
> Datei: Updater.exe
> Verzeichnis: C:\Users\xxx\AppData\Roaming\OpenOffice Updater

This is most likely a "false positive" and I have so advised the poster, but I bring it to the developers' attention just in case.

The forum thread is at
https://forum.openoffice.org/en/forum/viewtopic.php?f=6&t=90938&p=430252

Rory
--
Rory O'Farrell <of...@iol.ie>

Re: 4.1.4 virus warning - False positive?

Posted by Rory O'Farrell <of...@iol.ie>.
On Fri, 27 Oct 2017 17:55:04 +0200
Matthias Seidel <ma...@hamburg.de> wrote:

> Am 27.10.2017 um 11:07 schrieb Rory O'Farrell:
> > On Forum today was posted the following from a user
> >
> >> My G-data (my Antivirus software) has reported as follows::
> >> Junkware (PUP): Win32.Adware.Narn.D (Engine B)
> >> Datei: Updater.exe
> >> Verzeichnis: C:\Users\xxx\AppData\Roaming\OpenOffice Updater
> > This is most likely a "false positive" and I have so advised the poster, but I bring it to the developers' attention just in case.
>
> Thanks Rory,
>
> This directory is *not* created by our official build but by a
> repackaged installation from openoffice.de.
>
> We already had some users reporting virus warnings (Kaspersky) when
> installing this "false" package.
>
> Regards, Matthias
>
> > The forum thread is at
> > https://forum.openoffice.org/en/forum/viewtopic.php?f=6&t=90938&p=430252
> >
> > Rory

Thank.  I will pass that message on to the poster.

Posted by Matthias Seidel <ma...@hamburg.de>.