Posted to users@httpd.apache.org by jm...@lycos.com on 2017/12/14 23:07:37 UTC

[users@httpd] SSI/website rendering errors

Although my website was functioning properly on Monday, 12/11/17, it
exhibited several errors the following day (12/12/17). No changes were
made to any of the files after 12/6 (the last being an SSI text file on
12/6). Several of the base html files are nearly nine years old (I
modify the SSI include files as needed, and rarely touch the others).

The site is coded in XHTML 1.0 Strict and until 12/12 the code has been
fully compliant (per W3C HTML and CSS validators). I suspect it may have
something to do with SSI, which is used extensively on the site, but I
have seen only one possibly-related post concerning a recent Apache
release (Critical Changes In Apache 2.4 -
https://documentation.cpanel.net/display/EA/Critical+Changes+In+Apache+2.4#CriticalChangesInApache2.4-Server-SideInclude(SSI)ExpressionParser).

The server OS is LiteSpeed (Apache Version 2.4.29). The hosting company
stated that no patches were applied to the system after the 11th, but I
note that LiteSpeed released LSWS v. 5.2.3 on 12/11/17, the last day on
which the website was working correctly.  (This query is also posted on
a LiteSpeed forum.)

All suggestions are welcome.

Re: [users@httpd] SSI/website rendering errors

Posted by Yehuda Katz <ye...@ymkatz.net>.
LiteSpeed is a commercial web server all by itself and has nothing to do
with Apache HTTPD. If you are running LiteSpeed, you aren't running HTTPD
and we can't do anything to help you.

- Y

Sent from a device with a very small keyboard and hyperactive autocorrect.