Posted to user@karaf.apache.org by asookazian2 <as...@gmail.com> on 2014/11/21 20:07:44 UTC

restarting Karaf after uninstalling bundles or features

Karaf 3.0.1

is it necessary to restart Karaf after uninstalling bundles or features to
avoid a missing bundles problem we've been seeing?  Sometimes and suddenly,
some bundles disappear when you type 'list'.  Has anybody else seen this and
what is the best practice when uninstalling then re-installing the same
feature?

Re: restarting Karaf after uninstalling bundles or features

Posted by asookazian2 <as...@gmail.com>.
I've only seen this happen with our custom bundles...

jbonofre wrote

Posted by Jean-Baptiste Onofré <jb...@nanthrax.net>.
Hi,

no, normally it's not necessary to restart Karaf (it depends of the
bundles, but generally speaking), and I didn't see such kind of issue.
Is it only with ouyr own bundles, or with Karaf bundles as well ?

Regards
JB

On 11/21/2014 08:07 PM, asookazian2 wrote:
> Karaf 3.0.1
>
> is it necessary to restart Karaf after uninstalling bundles or features to
> avoid a missing bundles problem we've been seeing?  Sometimes and suddenly,
> some bundles disappear when you type 'list'.  Has anybody else seen this and
> what is the best practice when uninstalling then re-installing the same
> feature?

Jean-Baptiste Onofré
jbonofre@apache.org
http://blog.nanthrax.net