Posted to dev@subversion.apache.org by Ben Collins-Sussman <su...@collab.net> on 2002/12/04 15:10:52 UTC

./configure error?

This morning I updated my svn tree to HEAD (r3985), and did:

    make clean
    ./autogen.sh
    ./configure --enable-maintainer-mode

...as I always do, every day.  I have httpd-2.0.43 installed, so apr,
apr-util, and apxs are all automatically discovered for me.

First, I got an non-fatal error near the end of my ./configure output:

[...]
checking for makeinfo... /usr/bin/makeinfo
./configure: line 10424: /bin/false: No such file or directory
configure: creating ./config.status
[...]

The error here, I guess, is that on my shiny new FreeBSD 4.7 system,
there is no /bin/false, just /usr/bin/false.  I've been using autoconf
2.53 forever with no problems... anyone know why it would suddenly be
generating this new shell code?

Re: ./configure error?

Posted by "Edward S. Marshall" <es...@logic.net>.
On Wed, 2002-12-04 at 10:30, Ben Collins-Sussman wrote:
> Ah, then it's gstein's fault:
>
> +  if /bin/false; then
> +    AC_DEFINE(SVN_LIBSVN_CLIENT_LINKS_RA_SVN, 1,
>          [Defined if libsvn_client should link against libsvn_ra_svn])
>

> Is there a more portable way to do that?  "If 0" or something?

How about this instead? ;-)

dnl    AC_DEFINE(SVN_LIBSVN_CLIENT_LINKS_RA_SVN, 1,
dnl        [Defined if libsvn_client should link against libsvn_ra_svn])

Uncomment it when you're ready to actually make ra_svn part of the
build. :-)

--
Edward S. Marshall <es...@logic.net>
http://esm.logic.net/