Posted to user@flume.apache.org by Jeff Lord <jl...@cloudera.com> on 2013/11/01 00:47:01 UTC

Re: Preserving origin syslog information

Devin,

FLUME-1666 added a keepFields property that will allow you to preserve the
timestamp and hostname in the body of the generated flume event.
That patch was committed to trunk a couple of weeks ago so if you use trunk
to build it should be available.

Please note that this still does not preserve the priority.
I will be submitting another patch this evening which will do just that for
the syslogTCP, syslogUDP, and syslogMultiPort sources.

Best,

Jeff