Posted to soap-dev@ws.apache.org by Busch Harald <Ha...@fth2.siemens.de> on 2002/07/08 15:28:20 UTC

sample ejb

Hi
I can not run the sample 'ejb'.
Deployment works fine but calling the test class with java
samples.ejb.ejbtest http://localhost:8080/soap/servlet/rpcrouter delivers
the following results:
Generated fault: [Attributes={}] [faultCode=SOAP-ENV:Server]
[faultString=Unable to initialize context]
[faultActorURI=/soap/servlet/rpcrouter] [DetailEntries=
[(0)=<stackTrace>[SOAPException: faultCode=SOAP-ENV:Server; msg=Unable to
initialize context]
        at
org.apache.soap.providers.StatelessEJBProvider.initialize(StatelessEJBProvid
er.java:130)
        at
org.apache.soap.providers.StatelessEJBProvider.locate(StatelessEJBProvider.j
ava:248)
        at
org.apache.soap.server.http.RPCRouterServlet.doPost(RPCRouterServlet.java:28
5)
        at
FilterChain.java:247)

and on the server:

In TemplateProvider.locate()
URI: urn:ejbhello
DD.ServiceClass: org.apache.soap.providers.StatelessEJBProvider
DD.ProviderClass: samples/HelloService
Call.MethodName: hello
Naming Exception caught during InitialContext creation @
iiop://localhost:900

I work with SOAP 2.2 and Tomcat 4.0.1. Other examples do work.

I appreciate any help.

Thanks a lot.

Harald

Re: sample ejb

Posted by Scott Nichol <sn...@scottnichol.com>.
Harald,

With the EJB samples, you must change the deploymentdescriptor.xml to
reflect the EJB container you are using.  For example, if you use JBoss, you
would have the following two elements:

    <isd:option key="ContextProviderURL" value="localhost:1099" />
    <isd:option key="FullContextFactoryName"
                value="org.jnp.interfaces.NamingContextFactory" />

You only mention the versions of Apache SOAP and Tomcat.  What is your EJB
container?  If you are interested in using JBoss with Tomcat and Apache
SOAP, you might find my instructions helpful:
http://www.scottnichol.com/apachesoapjboss.htm

Scott Nichol

Re: sample ejb