Posted to dev@mxnet.apache.org by Chris Olivier <cj...@gmail.com> on 2017/09/27 15:43:13 UTC

CI problems

How are so many broken unit tests getting into master?  Is stuff being
merged without passing CI/unit testing?  I have been trying to get three
PR's to build for over a week now.  Each time it's some broken test or
another that has nothing to do with my code changes.  It's extremely
frustrating -- I waste whole days on this, trying to figure out why my code
is breaking strange things only to realize later it's broken in all
branches.

Re: CI problems

Posted by Joern Kottmann <ko...@gmail.com>.
GitHub shows red warnings for PRs that didn't pass all the tests. You
should never merge PRs which are red, or not current anymore (this
could also be a red status indicator).
If the failing tests can't be resolved quickly it might be worth
splitting the tests between stable / unstable and have different
status indicators for these tests.
Then people can see easily if the PR is breaking the stable tests.

Jörn

Re: CI problems

Posted by Gautam <ga...@gmail.com>.
Hi Chris,