Posted to user@struts.apache.org by Denis Wang <dw...@brandmuscle.com> on 2003/04/02 16:41:56 UTC

Help: JavaScript pop-up menu goes behind drop down list in Internet Explorer

Hello, all,
Sorry if it is off the subject of this mailing list.
I use JavaScript to generate a pop-up menu.  However, the menu is shadowed
by my drop down list on the same page.  Does anybody have any idea how to
fix it.
Thanks.
Denis

p.s. my JavaScript code to generate the menu

  function showMyMenu( myMenuName, myAnchorId ) {
    myAnchor = getAnchorPosition( myAnchorId );
    window.showMenu( myMenuName, myAnchor.x, myAnchor.y+15 );
  }

RE: Help: JavaScript pop-up menu goes behind drop down list in Internet Explorer

Posted by Mike Jasnowski <mj...@bea.com>.
To the best of my knowledge you cannot fix this behaviour (Although I
haven't tried it in the latest browsers, just IE 5.0-5.5 and NS4.75) The
same problem occurs with DHTML controls that try to extend over applets,
plugins etc...  I've tried setting the z-order property of a DIV/SPAN, etc,
but it only seems to have effect on form elements like TEXT, TEXTAREA. In
old versions of netscape this behaviour is completely broken. You can't show
a DIV above any form elements.