Posted to dev@geronimo.apache.org by Matt Hogstrom <ma...@hogstrom.org> on 2005/08/13 08:30:11 UTC

TranQL AbstractXADataSourceMCF.java changes for set/getLoginTimeout need to be revisited

Jeremy,

I pulled HEAD for TranQL to finish the DB2 Syntax Factories and built
against the current HEAD for Geronimo.  I received errors when building
the derby-connector package because the method signatures no longer
matched the ones from AbstractXADataSourceMCF in TranQL.

We can remove the throws in the DerbyXAManagedConnectionFactory but we
would have to add duplicate code to internally handle the SQLException
thrown by the DerbyXADataSource.  The two methods in question are
getLoginTimeout / setLoginTimeout.

Since these classes eventually end up defining
javax.sql.EmbeddedDatasource and it defines the SQLException on its
getLoginTimeout / setLoginTimeout methods I think the change made to
AbstractXADatasourceMCF should be reverted to throwing the exception.

Take a look and let me know if you agree.  If so I can make the changes.

Matt

Re: TranQL AbstractXADataSourceMCF.java changes for set/getLoginTimeout need to be revisited

Posted by Jeremy Boynes <jb...@apache.org>.
Or you could just use the Derby connector TranQL provides :-)

IMO throwing SQLException here is incorrect; given this is a J2CA
resource it should throw the appropriate ResourceException, in this case
an InvalidPropertyException. If you look at the definition MCF, this is
  the behaviour of get/setLogWriter.

Given all DataSources support get/setLoginTimeout I added an
implementation of these accessors to the base class including the
wrapping code. Perhaps the easiest solution is to just remove these
methods from Geronimo's version.

--
Jeremy