Posted to dev@karaf.apache.org by Ioannis Canellos <io...@gmail.com> on 2011/10/25 13:03:41 UTC

XSD bumping versioning

Hi all,

I remember Guillaume mentioning that whenever we change an xsd we need to
bump the version. We did so on the jaas xsd, but we never do so in features
xsd.
I am sure that there is a good reason for that, but I don't know why. So if
anyone could help me on that I would really appreciate it.

--
*Ioannis Canellos*
*

**
Blog: http://iocanel.blogspot.com
**
Apache ServiceMix <http://servicemix.apache.org/>  Committer
Apache Gora <http://incubator.apache.org/gora/> Committer
*

Re: XSD bumping versioning

Posted by Ioannis Canellos <io...@gmail.com>.
I committed a fix for that. The problem was that that the generated features
were having by default the install attribute and they were being validated
against the old xsd (I think using a copy of it which is inside the
karaf-maven-plugin).

Beyond, that I am curious to see if there are other reasons.

--
*Ioannis Canellos*
*

Re: XSD bumping versioning

Posted by Jean-Baptiste Onofré <jb...@nanthrax.net>.
Hi Ioannis,

To be honest, I think it's a forgot. Especially on Karaf trunk, we
change the features XSD (especially adding the install="auto" attribute
for the new karaf Maven plugin).
It provides an issue with Pax Exam (which still use features from
version 2.2.x).
It think that we have to increase the feature XSD version, and be able
to use it in Pax Exam/Pax Scanner.

Regards
JB

On 10/25/2011 01:03 PM, Ioannis Canellos wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> I remember Guillaume mentioning that whenever we change an xsd we need to
> bump the version. We did so on the jaas xsd, but we never do so in features
> xsd.
> I am sure that there is a good reason for that, but I don't know why. So if
> anyone could help me on that I would really appreciate it.

--
Jean-Baptiste Onofré
jbonofre@apache.org