Posted to users@camel.apache.org by ychawla <pr...@yahoo.com> on 2008/11/20 20:02:16 UTC

Spring Integration Warning Stack Trace on startup

Hello All,
I am getting the following error when I start version 1.5.0 with a basic
spring based routing configuration.  It doesn't affect the application at
all, but I am not sure why it occurs at startup.  I checked the Spring
Integration latest jar and I could find the 'Message' class described below
either:

WARNING: Ignoring converter type:
org.apache.camel.component.spring.integration.converter.SpringIntegrationConverter
as a dependent class could not be found: java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError:
org/springframework/integration/message/Message
java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError:
org/springframework/integration/message/Message
	at java.lang.Class.privateGetDeclaredMethods(Class.java:2365)
	at java.lang.Class.getDeclaredMethods(Class.java:1763)
(entire stack trace omitted for brevity).

Here is the javadoc for spring integration that I found:

http://static.springframework.org/spring-integration/apidocs/

Thanks,
Yogesh

Re: Spring Integration Warning Stack Trace on startup

Posted by Jon Anstey <ja...@gmail.com>.
Hold on, I think I misunderstood you. :) This isn't a problem for you since
its just a warning. The warning should go away in the next release (1.5.1
and 2.0.0).

Let us know if you find any functional issues. We're glad to help!

--
Cheers,
Jon

http://janstey.blogspot.com/

Re: Spring Integration Warning Stack Trace on startup

Posted by Jon Anstey <ja...@gmail.com>.
Not sure if this is the cause of your problem but... there were some changes
recently to Spring Integration's public XSD which forced us to update to the
latest version of Spring Integration (see
https://issues.apache.org/activemq/browse/CAMEL-1053). The latest SNAPSHOTS
have been upgraded to work with the latest version of Spring Integration.

Maybe you could try the latest from trunk
http://people.apache.org/maven-snapshot-repository/org/apache/camel/camel-spring-integration/2.0-SNAPSHOT/

or if you want minimal changes to your build, you can checkout the 1.5.0
fixes branch locally (build it too) and depend on that version. The branch
is here
http://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/activemq/camel/branches/camel-1.x/

Hope this helps!

On Thu, Nov 20, 2008 at 3:32 PM, ychawla <pr...@yahoo.com>wrote:

> Hello All,
> I am getting the following error when I start version 1.5.0 with a basic
> spring based routing configuration.  It doesn't affect the application at
> all, but I am not sure why it occurs at startup.  I checked the Spring
> Integration latest jar and I could find the 'Message' class described below
> either:
>
> WARNING: Ignoring converter type:
>
> org.apache.camel.component.spring.integration.converter.SpringIntegrationConverter
> as a dependent class could not be found: java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError:
> org/springframework/integration/message/Message
> java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError:
> org/springframework/integration/message/Message
>        at java.lang.Class.getDeclaredMethods0(Native Method)
>        at java.lang.Class.privateGetDeclaredMethods(Class.java:2365)
>        at java.lang.Class.getDeclaredMethods(Class.java:1763)
> (entire stack trace omitted for brevity).
>
> Here is the javadoc for spring integration that I found:
>
> http://static.springframework.org/spring-integration/apidocs/
>
> Thanks,
> Yogesh

Cheers,
Jon

http://janstey.blogspot.com/

Re: Spring Integration Warning Stack Trace on startup

Posted by Claus Ibsen <cl...@gmail.com>.
Hi

Camel is integrated with two spring frameworks
- camel-spring (the core spring framework)
- camel-spring-integration (the new spring ESB like product)

Both requires to have the correct .jars on the classpath to run.

If you maven you more or less just use dependency on camel-spring or
camel-spring-integration and it will get the needed .jars

If not you must manually make sure you got the .jars. Could you check
the classpath, looks like some spring .jars is missing.

/Claus Ibsen
Apache Camel Committer
Blog: http://davsclaus.blogspot.com/