Posted to dev@beam.apache.org by Udi Meiri <eh...@google.com> on 2018/12/12 18:23:35 UTC

Java performance tests dashboard

Hi Lukasz,
I was looking for statistics on I/O performance for writes of many files
(~10k) on GCS.

I found this dashboard
<https://apache-beam-testing.appspot.com/explore?dashboard=5755685136498688>
and
I have some questions.
1. The tests that are "local filesystem" seem to be running on Dataflow and
writing to GCS - is it okay to rename them to be officially GCS tests?
2. Is it okay if I add additional GCS tests to this dashboard?

Re: Java performance tests dashboard

Posted by Łukasz Gajowy <lu...@gmail.com>.
śr., 12 gru 2018 o 19:24 Udi Meiri <eh...@google.com> napisał(a):

> Hi Lukasz,
> I was looking for statistics on I/O performance for writes of many files
> (~10k) on GCS.
>
> I found this dashboard
> <https://apache-beam-testing.appspot.com/explore?dashboard=5755685136498688> and
> I have some questions.
> 1. The tests that are "local filesystem" seem to be running on Dataflow
> and writing to GCS - is it okay to rename them to be officially GCS tests?

Ok - seems reasonable. Such name would be indeed more informative.

> 2. Is it okay if I add additional GCS tests to this dashboard?

Sure! :) What tests do you have in mind? Feel free to add me as a reviewer
for any PRs in this area.