Posted to users@openoffice.apache.org by Kay Schenk <ka...@gmail.com> on 2014/06/03 23:50:17 UTC

Re: Field delimiter when saving a file as text.csv

On Tue, May 27, 2014 at 7:01 AM, ennio <na...@tin.it> wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> is there any way to change the default field and text delimiters
> proposed by Ooo when saving a tabular file as a text.csv?
> (File/Sava as/Text CSV/Keep current format...)
>
> I would always like to use '|' as field delimiter and nothing as text
> dlimiter without being obliged to change the proposed default
> characters.
>
> Thaks for your attention.
> Regards, Ennio

In calc,  when I do "Save As" to csv, AOO should ask you what you want to
use for field and text delimiters -- at least is does with my version --
Linux 32-bit.

Are you using calc and trying to save a spreadsheet -- you should also have
this option? or in writer just trying to save a table as csv?

> --
> [Perche' usare Win$ozz (dico io) se ..."anche uno sciocco sa farlo.   \\?//
>  Fa' qualche cosa di cui non sei capace!"  (diceva Henry Miller) ]    (°|°)
> [Why use Win$ozz (I say) if ... "even a fool can do that.              )=(
>  Do something you aren't good at!" (as Henry Miller used to say) ]

MzK

"Don’t meet your heroes, they’ll only disappoint."
                                        -- popular adage

Re: Field delimiter when saving a file as text.csv

Posted by johnny smith <ka...@krovatka.su>.
On Tue, 03 Jun 2014 23:29:51 -0000, ennio <na...@tin.it> wrote:

> No, as I said in my original post I would simple like to fix for ever my
> preferite delimiter as '|' without having to change it every time AOO
> asks me what I want to use ...

you may record a macro for that: start recording, then save your file with the required settings and stop recording. after that you may assign a keyboard shortcut or a button on a toolbar to it.

however, when i tried it, everything worked perfectly except the fact that there was no dialogue to enter a name to save the file with. it is certainly possible to create the dialogue, but unfortunately i do not have time to read the openoffice basic manual in the nearest weeks. maybe someone else will help you finish the task.

Re: Field delimiter when saving a file as text.csv

Posted by ennio <na...@tin.it>.
* ????????? <fi...@gmail.com> [040614, 14:47]:
> The cost to do it manually is the same as the cost to do it automatically.
> The cost on you is just the cost on us.

?
Could you say that in other words, please (provided, of course, this
doesn't cost you too much... ;)

Posted by 許哲崇 <fi...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Kay Schenk <ka...@gmail.com>.

Posted by ennio <na...@tin.it>.
* Kay Schenk <ka...@gmail.com> [030614, 14:50]:
> On Tue, May 27, 2014 at 7:01 AM, ennio <na...@tin.it> wrote:
>
> > is there any way to change the default field and text delimiters
> > proposed by Ooo when saving a tabular file as a text.csv?
> > (File/Sava as/Text CSV/Keep current format...)
> >
> > I would always like to use '|' as field delimiter and nothing as text
> > dlimiter without being obliged to change the proposed default
> > characters.
>
> In calc,  when I do "Save As" to csv, AOO should ask you what you want to
> use for field and text delimiters -- at least is does with my version --
> Linux 32-bit.

The same happens at my end...