Posted to users@spamassassin.apache.org by Halid Faith <ma...@ihlas.net.tr> on 2007/08/08 15:13:54 UTC

Gocr gives an error while it is trying to read a pic sometimes

I use spamassassin3.1.7, fuzzyocr, gocr0.44 ( Before I used gocr 0.41 and
0.43 )

Gocr gives an error while it is trying to read a picture sometimes as below;

1 - gocr -l 180 -d 2 -i italic.gif
giftopnm: Reading Image Sequence 0
giftopnm: EOF or error reading data portion of 59 byte DataBlock from file
(null): Error reading magic number from Netpbm image stream.  Most often,
this means your input file is empty.

2 - On another picture,
giftopnm: Reading Image Sequence 0
# Warning: non-positive median line gap of 0

How can I fix above errors ?

Thanks

Re: Gocr gives an error while it is trying to read a pic sometimes

Posted by Nix <ni...@esperi.org.uk>.
On 8 Aug 2007, Halid Faith said:

> I use spamassassin3.1.7, fuzzyocr, gocr0.44 ( Before I used gocr 0.41 and
> 0.43 )
>
> Gocr gives an error while it is trying to read a picture sometimes as below;
>
> 1 - gocr -l 180 -d 2 -i italic.gif
> giftopnm: Reading Image Sequence 0
> giftopnm: EOF or error reading data portion of 59 byte DataBlock from file
> (null): Error reading magic number from Netpbm image stream.  Most often,
> this means your input file is empty.
>

> 2 - On another picture,
> giftopnm: Reading Image Sequence 0
> # Warning: non-positive median line gap of 0
>

> How can I fix above errors ?

This error probably means the picture is corrupted. That's OK: fuzzyocr
penalizes corrupt images. :)