Posted to dev@geronimo.apache.org by Joshua Slive <jo...@slive.ca> on 2008/03/11 15:48:29 UTC

Re: Geronimo web site .htaccess

On Tue, Mar 11, 2008 at 10:39 AM, Hernan Cunico <hc...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Howdy folks,
>  For the Geronimo Web site we have some .htaccess files with some redirection rules.
>  These no longer seem to work although we can't really tell since when.
>
>  Could you guys take a look at these files and provide some direction.

Please be more specific.

http://geronimo.apache.org/issues
does indeed redirect to
http://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/GERONIMO
and similarly for the others that I checked.

Of course, you would be better off with simple Redirect directives
rather than very-restrictive RewriteRules.

Joshua.

Re: Geronimo web site .htaccess

Posted by Hernan Cunico <hc...@gmail.com>.
Just for the record, using the simply "Redirect" works fine even if a matching file name is present. "RewriteRule" is the one that seems to have a problem when a file name is present.
I'll finish updating the remaining rules to use only Redirect.

Thanks everyone

Cheers!
Hernan

Posted by Hernan Cunico <hc...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Joshua Slive <jo...@slive.ca>.

Posted by Hernan Cunico <hc...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Erik Abele <er...@codefaktor.de>.

Posted by Hernan Cunico <hc...@gmail.com>.
The RewriteRule for faq.html just got in, I committed it over 1 hour ago so it might be just matter of timing.

I also renamed the faq.html to check if that was affecting the results but I don't know how long it takes for the update. I renamed the file directly on mino.

I will also try changing to just Redirect, is there any way to speed up the updates so we know for sure this changes work?

Cheers!
Hernan

Posted by Joshua Slive <jo...@slive.ca>.

Posted by Hernan Cunico <hc...@gmail.com>.