Posted to dev@forrest.apache.org by Ross Gardler <rg...@apache.org> on 2006/03/24 09:50:26 UTC

Re: svn commit: r388006 - /forrest/trunk/site-author/content/xdocs/guidelines.xml

crossley@apache.org wrote:
> Author: crossley
> Date: Wed Mar 22 18:45:54 2006
> New Revision: 388006

> Log:
> Various comments on different ASF mailing lists indicate that calling
> it "The Apache Way" is not a good idea.

This might be worth highlighting for those not reading the other lists.

The key point I remember for not calling it "the Apache Way" is because
it implies that Apache has some kind of "ownership" over this approach.
This is simply not true, all we do is adopt an Open Development Process,
with an emphasis on community over code. Many other groups/projects do
the same/similar.

Ross

Re: svn commit: r388006 - /forrest/trunk/site-author/content/xdocs/guidelines.xml

Posted by David Crossley <cr...@apache.org>.
Ross Gardler wrote:
> >Author: crossley
> >Date: Wed Mar 22 18:45:54 2006
> >New Revision: 388006

> >Log:
> >Various comments on different ASF mailing lists indicate that calling
> >it "The Apache Way" is not a good idea.
>
> This might be worth highlighting for those not reading the other lists.

I saw many different viewpoints. One of the most important
is that it was also used to describe some american indians,
what they did, and what they had done to them. It is good
to steer clear. See Google.

-David