Posted to users@camel.apache.org by Claus Ibsen <cl...@gmail.com> on 2010/03/18 12:35:34 UTC

Re: The dreaded: Unable to locate Spring NamespaceHandler for XML schema

On Thu, Mar 18, 2010 at 12:33 PM, kostabanderas <ko...@gmail.com> wrote:

> Had no luck with assembly plugin. I tried the shade plugin but gave up on it
> after adding a number of dependencies and still getting runtime errors for
> the missing classes. In the end, I used the combination of jar plugin to
> build my jar and manifest file and dependency plugin to copy required
> dependencies to an appropriate location so I could start the app with java
> -jar.
>
> Thanks, cheers and keep up the good work,
> Kosta

Maybe an ANT task can do the assembly the way you like.

> kostabanderas wrote:
>>
>> Thanks for the reply.
>>
>> I did create the spring.schemas, spring.handlers files but I believe that
>> the assembly plugin overwrites them. When I change the names of the files
>> they appear regularly in the generated META-INF folder but when I name
>> them properly, they get overwriten...
>>
>> I took a look at the file you've suggested. Basically, you're suggesting I
>> should drop the assembly plugin and use the shade plugin instead? I'll
>> give it a try and let you know how it turned out.
>>
>> Thanks,
>> Kosta
>>

>> willem.jiang wrote:
>>>
>>> Hi,
>>>
>>> You can take a look at this pom.xml[1]. If you go through the
>>> camel-spring-osgi module, you will find most of thing that you want to
>>> know.
>>>
>>> You need to create spring.schemas, spring.handlers file yourself, to
>>> includes the schemas and handlers those you wrap into a big jar.
>>>
>>> [1]https://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/camel/trunk/components/camel-spring-osgi/pom.xml
>>>

>>> Willem

Claus Ibsen
Apache Camel Committer

Blog: http://davsclaus.blogspot.com/
Twitter: http://twitter.com/davsclaus

Re: The dreaded: Unable to locate Spring NamespaceHandler for XML schema

Posted by kostabanderas <ko...@gmail.com>.
Ah, mr. Ibsen, thanks for the reply.

I'm sure there are numerous ways to achieve this goal. The assembly plugin
sounded like the quickest (and maybe the dirtiest, since I wanted to pack up
all the dependency jars for this test project). Maybe the problem I had was
more suited for the assembly plugin group but what confused me the most and
what I think should be the main topic here is the existence of
spring.schemas and spring.handlers files in the META-INF folder. Right now,
with the solution I've applied, those two files don't even exist in the
META-INF folder and everything works. When using the assembly plugin, these
two files are auto generated but include some schemas/namespaces that I
haven't specifically added anywhere. When I provide these two files myself
(in the META-INF folder), these two files get overwritten.
Again, I'm new to these concepts and it's quite possible that I haven't
configured the plugin properly, but, again, I'm wondering now how does
everything work without the two files mentioned above?

Thanks and cheers,
Kosta