Posted to users@servicemix.apache.org by hickst <hi...@theriver.com> on 2006/09/24 18:25:58 UTC

Shared Libraries usable by deployed SUs?

I've successfully created and deployed my own shared library but am unable to
figure out how to make my service units and service assembly see and use the
library. How is this done? thanks,
   -tom

Re: Shared Libraries usable by deployed SUs?

Posted by Guillaume Nodet <gn...@gmail.com>.
Yes, XBean is used to load all spring based configuration files,
so you should be able to do that for the lightweight container
or for the main configuration file.  However for the main
configuration file, it may be easier to just put the jars in the
/lib or /lib/optional folder.

On 9/24/06, hickst <hi...@theriver.com> wrote:

> OK, thanks for the clarification and the quick reply. Can I assume that
> embedding the library in the SU and modifying the SU classpath will
> also work from the servicemix.xml (aka Spring) context files?
>     regards,
>    -tom
>

> gnodet wrote:
> >
> > Unfortunately, shared libraries can only be referenced by components,
> > not SUs and SAs.  There is no way to do that currently.
> > One main reason is that SU content is specific to a given
> > component.  For xbean based deployments (it's the main
> > deployment for all standard JBI components in servicemix,
> > you can modify the SU classpath using the
> > syntax, but this means the jars / classes need to
> > be embedded in the SU.
> >

> > On 9/24/06, hickst <hi...@theriver.com> wrote:
> >>
> >> I've successfully created and deployed my own shared library but am
> >> unable to
> >> figure out how to make my service units and service assembly see and use
> >> the
> >> library. How is this done? thanks,
> >>    -tom
> >>
> >> --
> >>

> > --
> > Cheers,
> > Guillaume Nodet

Cheers,
Guillaume Nodet

Re: Shared Libraries usable by deployed SUs?

Posted by hickst <hi...@theriver.com>.

Posted by Guillaume Nodet <gn...@gmail.com>.
Unfortunately, shared libraries can only be referenced by components,
not SUs and SAs.  There is no way to do that currently.
One main reason is that SU content is specific to a given
component.  For xbean based deployments (it's the main
deployment for all standard JBI components in servicemix,
you can modify the SU classpath using the
syntax, but this means the jars / classes need to
be embedded in the SU.

On 9/24/06, hickst <hi...@theriver.com> wrote:

> I've successfully created and deployed my own shared library but am unable to
> figure out how to make my service units and service assembly see and use the
> library. How is this done? thanks,
>    -tom

Cheers,
Guillaume Nodet