Posted to user@cassandra.apache.org by varun bhatnagar <va...@gmail.com> on 2017/10/31 20:20:54 UTC

Error 1609 while installing Cassandra on Windows 2012 R2

Hi,

I am new to Cassandra and I am trying to install cassandra 2.2.8 using
saltstack on Windows 2012 R2 but when I do that I get the below error:

Action start 1:17:58: CreateFolders.
MSI (s) (94:A8) [01:17:58:072]:
Error 1609. An error occurred while applying security settings.
WORKGROUP\SYSTEM is not a valid user or group. This could be a problem with
the package, or a problem connecting to a domain controller on the network.
Check your network connection and click Retry, or Cancel to end the
install. Unable to locate the user's SID, system error 1332
Action ended 1:17:58: CreateFolders. Return value 2.
Action ended 1:17:58: INSTALL. Return value 2.

I have pasted detailed log here https://pastebin.com/2JdFcLyU
<https://pastebin.com/2JdFcLyU>Can anyone please suggest a way to fix this?

BR,
Varun