Posted to dev@httpd.apache.org by sameer <sa...@c2.net> on 1997/05/28 01:04:36 UTC

Re: cvs2html and cvsstat

	Is this the same thing that FreeBSD is using? The FreeBSD
thing is really neat, it lets non-CVS people get access to the CVS
tree, diffs, log entries, etc.

--
Sameer Parekh					Voice:   510-986-8770
President					FAX:     510-986-8777

Re: cvs2html and cvsstat

Posted by Rasmus Lerdorf <ra...@lerdorf.on.ca>.
> 	Is this the same thing that FreeBSD is using? The FreeBSD
> thing is really neat, it lets non-CVS people get access to the CVS
> tree, diffs, log entries, etc.

No, this is not the same thing that FreeBSD is using.  cvs2html is an
extremely simple script which simply converts the cvs log output to one
mega HTML table.  I ran it on my mod_php sources and it created a 438K
HTML file.  You can see the result at: http://www.vex.net/~rasmus/cvs.html
if you are really interested.

I don't think I have seen the FreeBSD thing you mentioned.  I know that
the FreeBSD folks are using the Src2html tool available at:

    http://minnie.cs.adfa.oz.au/Src2html/index.html

to let users walk through the source tree online.  But this has nothing to
do with CVS.

-Rasmus