Posted to user@beam.apache.org by Kellen Dye via user <us...@beam.apache.org> on 2023/07/07 20:19:31 UTC

Scio 0.13.0 released

Hi all,

We're happy to announce that Scio 0.13.0 has been released. Scio 0.13.0 is
based on Beam 2.48.0 and brings the following major changes:

   - More consistent file-based read and write APIs (#4809
   <https://github.com/spotify/scio/pull/4809>)
   - Dropped support for Elasticsearch 6 (#4802
   <https://github.com/spotify/scio/pull/4802>)
   - Kryo coders now marked non-deterministic (#4814
   <https://github.com/spotify/scio/pull/4814>)

Known issue:

   - Beam 2.48.0 has a bug in the PubsubIO implementation which limits the
   size of messages. See this issue
   <https://github.com/apache/beam/issues/27000>, which will be fixed in
   Beam 2.49.0 and incorporated into our next Scio release.

You can read more about upgrading to Scio 0.13.0 in our Migration Guide
<https://spotify.github.io/scio/releases/migrations/v0.13.0-Migration-Guide.html>,
the full Release Notes
<https://github.com/spotify/scio/releases/tag/v0.13.0>, or the full
changelog <https://github.com/spotify/scio/compare/v0.12.8...v0.13.0>. If
you have any questions or comments, you can find us in the #scio channel on
Slack <https://slackin.spotify.com/>, or file an issue at spotify/scio
<https://github.com/spotify/scio/issues>

Cheers,
Kellen