Posted to dev@openoffice.apache.org by Regina Henschel <rb...@t-online.de> on 2015/07/04 18:43:29 UTC

Purpose of "Export = FALSE" in the *.sdi files

Hi all,

What is the purpose of "Export = FALSE" in the *.sdi files?

I do not find any explanation.

Kind regards
Regina

Re: Purpose of "Export = FALSE" in the *.sdi files

Posted by Andrea Pescetti <pe...@apache.org>.
On 04/07/2015 Regina Henschel wrote:
> What is the purpose of "Export = FALSE" in the *.sdi files?
> I do not find any explanation.

There are comments at the beginning of

http://svn.apache.org/viewvc/openoffice/trunk/main/sc/sdi/drawsh.sdi?revision=1468963&view=markup

and

http://svn.apache.org/viewvc/openoffice/trunk/main/sc/sdi/prevwsh.sdi?revision=1413471&view=markup

that link this to visibility from Basic. Hope this helps!

Regards,
   Andrea.

Re: Purpose of "Export = FALSE" in the *.sdi files

Posted by Marcus <ma...@wtnet.de>.
Am 07/05/2015 12:07 PM, schrieb Regina Henschel:
> Hi Marcus,
>
> Marcus schrieb:
>> Am 07/04/2015 06:43 PM, schrieb Regina Henschel:
>>> What is the purpose of "Export = FALSE" in the *.sdi files?
>>>
>>> I do not find any explanation.
>>
>> I'm no expert for translation/localization. However, I think it's for
>> strings that shouldn't be translated like brand names (Pivot), product
>> names (Writer) or other purposes that need the original words.
>>
>> I hope I remember right. Otherwise please someone correct me. ;-)
>
> That makes no sense to me. See the quotation from
> main\starmath\sdi\smslots.sdi
>
> [...]

OK, it was just an attempt that was obviously not successful.

Marcus

Re: Purpose of "Export = FALSE" in the *.sdi files

Posted by Regina Henschel <rb...@t-online.de>.
Hi Marcus,

Marcus schrieb:
> Am 07/04/2015 06:43 PM, schrieb Regina Henschel:
>> What is the purpose of "Export = FALSE" in the *.sdi files?
>>
>> I do not find any explanation.
>
> I'm no expert for translation/localization. However, I think it's for
> strings that shouldn't be translated like brand names (Pivot), product
> names (Writer) or other purposes that need the original words.
>
> I hope I remember right. Otherwise please someone correct me. ;-)

That makes no sense to me. See the quotation from
main\starmath\sdi\smslots.sdi

	SID_INSERTTEXT //idlpp ole : no , status : no
	[
		ExecMethod = Execute ;
		StateMethod = GetState ;
	]
     SID_IMPORT_FORMULA //idlpp ole : no , status : no
     [
         ExecMethod = Execute ;
         StateMethod = GetState ;
         Export = FALSE ;