Posted to dev@pdfbox.apache.org by Andreas Lehmkuehler <an...@lehmi.de> on 2016/04/10 16:32:13 UTC

Apache PDFBox April 2016 board report due

Hi,

find attached a quick draft of the board report we're expected to submit this
month. It's based upon the report template which can be found at [1]

Any further comments, objections or additions?

<draft>

   The Apache PDFBox library is an open source Java tool for working with
   PDF documents.
## Issues:
  - there are no issues requiring board attention at this time

## Activity:
  - after releasing three RCs we finally got our long awaited major release
2.0.0 out of the door
- Sally helped us to spread the word about the new release:
   - https://s.apache.org/Ly9B
   - https://s.apache.org/CErv
   - https://s.apache.org/NK05
- first discussions about possible fields to be included in 2.1.x/3.0.x just started

## Health report:
  - there is a steady stream of contributions, bug reports and questions on the
mailing lists
  - the core team consists of 4 - 5 active developers
  - due to the new release there were a significant increase of messages on users@
  - due to the new release there were a significant decrease of messages on dev@
as we limited our development activities to bugfixes

## PMC changes:

  - Currently 16 PMC members.
  - Last PMC addition was John Hewson on Thu Feb 06 2014

## Committer base changes:

  - Currently 16 committers.
  - Last committer addition was John Hewson at Fri Feb 07 2014

## Releases:

  - 1.8.11 was released on Mon Jan 18 2016
  - 2.0.0 was released on Fri Mar 18 2016

## Mailing list activity:

   - users@pdfbox.apache.org:

  - dev@pdfbox.apache.org:

## JIRA activity:

</draft>

BR
Andreas Lehmkühler

[1] https://reporter.apache.org/?pdfbox

Re: Apache PDFBox April 2016 board report due

Posted by Maruan Sahyoun <sa...@fileaffairs.de>.
Hi,

> Am 10.04.2016 um 16:32 schrieb Andreas Lehmkuehler <an...@lehmi.de>:
>
> Hi,
>
> find attached a quick draft of the board report we're expected to submit this
> month. It's based upon the report template which can be found at [1]
>

> Any further comments, objections or additions?

+1

BR Maruan

Posted by Tilman Hausherr <TH...@t-online.de>.
Am 10.04.2016 um 16:32 schrieb Andreas Lehmkuehler:
> Hi,
>
> find attached a quick draft of the board report we're expected to
> submit this
> month. It's based upon the report template which can be found at [1]
>

> Any further comments, objections or additions?

It's fine

+1

Tilman

Posted by Timo Boehme <ti...@ontochem.com>.
Hi,

+1

Best,
Timo

Am 10.04.2016 um 16:32 schrieb Andreas Lehmkuehler:
> Hi,
>
> find attached a quick draft of the board report we're expected to submit
> this
> month. It's based upon the report template which can be found at [1]
>

> Any further comments, objections or additions?
>

> <draft>

>    The Apache PDFBox library is an open source Java tool for working with
>    PDF documents.
> ## Issues:
>   - there are no issues requiring board attention at this time
>
> ## Activity:
>   - after releasing three RCs we finally got our long awaited major
> release 2.0.0 out of the door
> - Sally helped us to spread the word about the new release:
>    - https://s.apache.org/Ly9B
>    - https://s.apache.org/CErv
>    - https://s.apache.org/NK05
> - first discussions about possible fields to be included in 2.1.x/3.0.x
> just started
>

> ## Health report:
>   - there is a steady stream of contributions, bug reports and questions
> on the mailing lists
>   - the core team consists of 4 - 5 active developers
>   - due to the new release there were a significant increase of messages
> on users@
>   - due to the new release there were a significant decrease of messages
> on dev@ as we limited our development activities to bugfixes
>

> ## PMC changes:
>
>   - Currently 16 PMC members.
>   - No new PMC members added in the last 3 months
>   - Last PMC addition was John Hewson on Thu Feb 06 2014
>
> ## Committer base changes:
>
>   - Currently 16 committers.
>   - No new committers added in the last 3 months
>   - Last committer addition was John Hewson at Fri Feb 07 2014
>
> ## Releases:
>
>   - 1.8.11 was released on Mon Jan 18 2016
>   - 2.0.0 was released on Fri Mar 18 2016
>
> ## Mailing list activity:
>
>    - users@pdfbox.apache.org:
>      - 551 subscribers (up 4 in the last 3 months):
>      - 644 emails sent to list (447 in previous quarter)
>
>   - dev@pdfbox.apache.org:
>      - 151 subscribers (up 3 in the last 3 months):
>      - 1907 emails sent to list (3158 in previous quarter)
>
> ## JIRA activity:
>
>   - 126 JIRA tickets created in the last 3 months
>   - 120 JIRA tickets closed/resolved in the last 3 months
>
> </draft>
>
> BR
> Andreas Lehmkühler
>
> [1] https://reporter.apache.org/?pdfbox

Timo Boehme
OntoChem IT Solutions GmbH
Blücherstraße 24
06120 Halle (Saale)
Germany

phone: +49 345 478 047 4        | fax: +49 345 478 047 1
email: timo.boehme@ontochem.com | web: www.ontochem.com
HRB 21962 Amtsgericht Stendal   | USt-IdNr.: DE815563824
managing director : Lutz Weber

Re: Apache PDFBox April 2016 board report due

Posted by John Hewson <jo...@jahewson.com>.
> On 10 Apr 2016, at 07:32, Andreas Lehmkuehler <an...@lehmi.de> wrote:
>
> Hi,
>
> find attached a quick draft of the board report we're expected to submit this
> month. It's based upon the report template which can be found at [1]
>

> Any further comments, objections or additions?

+1

— John

Posted by Andreas Lehmkuehler <an...@lehmi.de>.
Hi,

thanks for your support. I've posted the draft as our april report.

BR
Andreas