Posted to users@camel.apache.org by kanu_t <ka...@cypatterns.com> on 2015/10/05 15:42:07 UTC

Automatically failing over UDP listner to another server:port

Our partner provides two UDP endpoints on two servers. One is primary and
other secondary.
We want to write a route that by default listens to primary but
automatically fail-over to secondary in case of primary connection problem.
Is it possible out of the box? I looked at netty4 component, but cannot find
anything to configure failure.

Re: Automatically failing over UDP listner to another server:port

Posted by Greg Autric <ga...@redhat.com>.
Hi,

maybe you should try this http://camel.apache.org/load-balancer.html
with Failover policy
Like

<loadBalance>
       <failover>
           <exception>java.io.IOException</exception>
           <exception>com.mycompany.MyOtherException</exception>
       </failover>
       <to uri="netty4:udp://host_1:port_1/[?options]"/>
       <to uri="netty4:udp://host_1:port_2/[?options]"/>
</loadBalance>

hope it helps you,

best regards,

Greg AUTRIC
JBoss Middleware Consultant

email   : gautric __at__ redhat __dot__ com
twitter : @gautric_io

Red Hat Global Services
Red Hat France SARL                sit: http://www.redhat.fr
Le Linea, 1 rue du General Leclerc, 92047 Paris La Défense Cedex
Sent from webmail