Posted to user@struts.apache.org by boraldo <bo...@hotbox.ru> on 2009/04/01 20:54:04 UTC

Float conversion: requires comma as floating point symbol.

I have a float field on my form. When I type 1.1 (point as floating point
symbol) it shows conversion error
    java.lang.NoSuchMethodException: setPrice([Ljava.lang.String;)
But I do have a method
    public void setPrice(Float price) {
        this.price = price;
    }
If I type 1,1 (comma as floating point symbol) everything goes well but if
there were errors on the form, on the redisplayed form I see 1.1

Why Struts requires comma for conversion but uses point for displaying ?