Posted to dev@ofbiz.apache.org by Nicolas Malin <ni...@nereide.fr> on 2023/05/21 08:47:12 UTC

Suggest to deprecated content service getPublicForumMessage and assocContent

Hello,

I would finish to convert the ContentService.xml from minilang to groovy
and close some work already done (with few rewrite code) and I fall on
two really old service (pre apache) 'getPublicForumMessage' and
'assocContent' that I propose de deprecate them.

The first 'getPublicForumMessage' indicate that is to call a content
without permission but the service has the attribute auth='true' (since
2007) and just call 'getContentAndDataResource'. So I suggest to
deprecated it and replace it directly by 'getContentAndDataResource'

The second assocContent create an association between to content like
createContentAssoc, the difference is it call checkAssocPermission,
service with  a Todo : `<!-- TODO: old permission service; being
replaced with genericContentPermission -->`.

If someone can check and confirm (or not) my proposal, it'll mostly
appreciate :)

Nicolas

[1] OFBIZ-11378, OFBIZ-11387 and OFBIZ-11388
--
logoNrd <https://nereide.fr/>
	Nicolas Malin

Apache OFBiz <http://ofbiz.apache.org/>|The Apache Way
<http://theapacheway.com/>|réseau LE <http://www.libre-entreprise.org/>

Re: Suggest to deprecated content service getPublicForumMessage and assocContent

Posted by Nicolas Malin <ni...@nereide.fr>.
Hi Jacques,

Thanks for your confirmation.

I pushed the deprecation with the end of ContentServices.xml :D [1]

On step more.

Nicolas

[1]
https://github.com/apache/ofbiz-framework/commit/6b00446509dc0c1dd079cb098f6c3764a6d63f85