Posted to dev@lenya.apache.org by "Scherler, Thorsten" <th...@apache.org> on 2004/06/30 17:00:04 UTC

[RT] Skin engine

If we would let the user choose different standard html-output template
like zengarden et al. that would makes it easy to build a skin engine.

Basicly what the user has to define is the css he wants to use for the
output.  That he can choose from over a hundert or thousand free designs
out in the web.

All information the skin engine would need are Provider (base html
output with css-tags) css-provider (base css-files). With that
information the user can have a great design out of the box for the
default pub.

[16:52] <gregor> make the css editable in one form
[16:52] <gregor> version it
[16:52] <gregor> etc
[16:53] <MrTompkins> gregor, true
[16:53] <gregor> requires standard id's with content parts, like
breadcurmb, content etc
[16:53] <gregor> there are some bugzilla issues for that
[16:53] <MrTompkins> And do not forget about al the xslts
[16:53] <gregor> thorsten_docu: that would be a fairly easy yet powerful
change
[16:53] <gregor> the xslt too, but you can do a lot with the css alone
[16:53] <MrTompkins> yep
[16:53] <MrTompkins> I love it
[16:54] <thorsten_docu> :)
[16:54] <gregor> lowering the learning curve

WDYT?

king regrads
thorsten
--
<thorsten>
  <name>Thorsten Scherler</name>

<@c...@cocoon-WIKI>
  <http>http://www.target-x.de</http>
  <acronymfinder>http://www.acronymfinder.com</acronymfinder>
  <motto>
	"My task which I am trying to achieve is,
	by the power of the written word,
	[...] to make you see."
	*Joseph Conrad (1857-1924)*
  </motto>
</thorsten>

Re: [RT] Skin engine

Posted by "Gregor J. Rothfuss" <gr...@apache.org>.
Scherler, Thorsten wrote:

> Has he wrote a proposal? I should write one so I can come to the event :).

i'm pretty sure there will be a talk about this in some form

--
Gregor J. Rothfuss
http://wyona.com                   http://cocoon.apache.org/lenya

Re: [RT] Skin engine

Posted by "Gregor J. Rothfuss" <gr...@apache.org>.
Scherler, Thorsten wrote:

> Has he wrote a proposal? I should write one so I can come to the event :).

http://www.oscom.org/events/oscom4/rfp

:)

Re: [RT] Skin engine

Posted by "Scherler, Thorsten" <th...@apache.org>.