Posted to dev@spamassassin.apache.org by Matt Hampton <ma...@coders.co.uk> on 2008/06/29 00:19:03 UTC

Quick update on SANE rules for SA

Evening

I have been running the updating rules for just under two weeks.  The
results are fairly good very few FP's and the ones I have been seeing
are on ones that were meant to be purely triggers for META rules - will
have to introduce another set which demotes them back to non scoring rules.

I would be interested in hearing what other people get so that I can
tweak my selection process - the latest one has ~140 rules in - I think
this low number is more an affect of my corpus size than anything else -
mass-checks is running on an older box which grinds everything else to a
halt when its running so haven't got a huge number on there.

I have created a sa-update channel - but won't publish the domain at
present until I have spoken to Sane again - haven't heard from Steve yet
- am going to try again on Monday.  I am automatically generating them
but manually publishing them at present - the latest published file is
avaliable from http://www.coders.co.uk/80_sane.cf

As a side issue - I am running sa-compile on my production boxes and I
have examined the .re files generated and can find neither mine or JM's
SOUGHT rules ending up in there.

Is this expected or is there something about my rules that don't meet
the criteria for the extraction process?  I am using body rules....

cheers

matt