Posted to user@ofbiz.apache.org by "joelfradkin@gmail.com" <jo...@gmail.com> on 2014/11/07 23:04:50 UTC

receive inventory question

I am trying to figure out why I am not generating invoices on my hand entered
P.O.
I can get a invoice if I receive it on the regular OFBiz screens.
I see Created shipment with ID 10006 for ship group ID 00001 for facility ID
WebStoreWarehouse</p>
at the top of the receive inventory.
I was trying to streamline my process and actually do call that screen, but
I have a java script that submits the form.
the Purchase order when clicking quick receive calls quickShipPurchaseOrder.
this does a service and calls ReceiveInventory.
What I do not understand is why if I do not have the java script submit
receive inventory on the stage where you can select shipments or do the
whole purchase order it creates the shipment and does an invoice.
But if I have that form submit using java script it does not create the
shipment.
I guess I can make my clients hit submit. But I would like to skip it.

-----
Joel Fradkin

Re: receive inventory question

Posted by "joelfradkin@gmail.com" <jo...@gmail.com>.
Found my issue. Self induced.
When I pulled over order info I did not realize there were two different
quick receive logics.
I should say i did when I did my screen (I was actually compiling a few
different screens into one, I think the original quick receive was in a
header.ftl.
In any case I had removed the logic that used <#if
!allShipments?has_content>
It was doing a create shipments page if it was true, and just going to
receive inventory if false.
Since I have all the parts in hot-deploy now I could uncomment it and let it
do the create.
I do not recall, but my guess is it was giving me an error because it could
not find the quickShipPurchaseOrder. That creates the shipments.
Part two of my issue was it was using the No specific shipment (Receive
entire PO)
I made it default to the last shipment. I do not think my users will see
multiple shipments, so this will work well. I put back in the java script to
post that first form selecting an actual shipment and it is now doing an
invoice.

-----

Posted by "joelfradkin@gmail.com" <jo...@gmail.com>.
Ok I can see that if I select a specific shipment I get an invoice.
If I select the default to select the whole P.O. I do not get a Invoice.
This seems to be true on the original 13.07 code as well (perhaps by design,
or maybe a bug?)

All would be well with the world, except I do not get shipments created
coming to this screen.
Have to do more research. I had change my orderinfo to point to
quickshippurchaseorder to create my shipments, but if the user selects quick
ship off the P.O. a second time I get duplicates, so that is not the answer.
I confirmed the original code, only creates a shipment if it needs to.I am
guessing it is a SECA I am not hitting from my hot deploy project.

-----
Joel Fradkin