Posted to users@maven.apache.org by Trevor Harmon <tr...@vocaro.com> on 2009/01/16 01:50:00 UTC

Executing a plugin from another plugin

Hi,

I have a custom plugin that I've written, and I need it to call out to
some other plugin. For example, I've got the following code in a POM:

    <plugin>
        <executions>
            <execution>
                <id>installer</id>
                <phase>package</phase>
                <goals>
                    <goal>directory-single</goal>
                </goals>
                <configuration>
                    <descriptors>
                        <descriptor>
                            src/assembly/production-assembly.xml
                        </descriptor>
                    </descriptors>
                </configuration>
            </execution>
        </executions>
    </plugin>

I want to take all that code out of the POM and have it execute inside
my plugin instead. I assume this would require invoking the Mojo API.
Any tips on how to do this? Thanks,

Trevor