Posted to user@jmeter.apache.org by Yagmur <fc...@gmail.com> on 2010/10/05 17:17:45 UTC

Sending different parameter depending on the request on the authentication performance testing with JMeter

Hi,

I am new to JMeter and I am trying to do some performance test on the
authentication part of our IAM project.

We have authentication mean that first user submit username&password, and
then he is asked to submit a token value (each 24 token values-containing 6
characters). After submitting the requested token value (that changes at
each request randomly) , the user can authenticate to the system.

I recorded a test authentication with password + token authentication mean.
Then I am using this recorded test plan for many authentication requests at
a time. But since the Identity Prvider asks different token value each time,
my recorded test plan fails since it only sends the token value that is
asked when I was recording.

How can I send a token value in Jemeter testing depending on the requested
token code each time?

Thanks in advance.

Yagmur

Re: Sending different parameter depending on the request on the authentication performance testing with JMeter

Posted by black gaff <jo...@gmail.com>.
Is the token actually required?  There are several sites wherein if you
simply delete the token, authentication is still granted.

If it is needed, you may be able to do the following:

Thread Group
- GET Login page (do not submit login credentials)
- - Regular Expression to extract the token
- POST Login page (submit login credentials & the token)