Posted to java-user@axis.apache.org by Rosén Håkan <ha...@kvadrat.se> on 2004/01/07 12:00:00 UTC

JWS and ISO-8859-1 encoding

I have deployed a jws-service in Tomcat (getAlbums.jws), the service invokes
a database and returns a Object[][]-list.
The service works fine if I dont return any national characters.
How do I set the service's encoding to ISO-8859-1 ?
regards
/Håkan

RE: JWS and ISO-8859-1 encoding

Posted by Rick Kellogg <rm...@comcast.net>.
As of Axis 1.2, we only support UTF-8 and UTF-16 encoding.  This is dictated
by the WS-I Basic Profile.  Please search the mailing list for background
information.

Rick