Posted to users@zeppelin.apache.org by Ophir Cohen <op...@gmail.com> on 2015/04/05 20:05:29 UTC

Fwd: Can set number of executors on yarn-client mode

Hi All,
I'm using Zeppelin on top Spark that runs on Yarn.
For some reason I can't set the number of executors.
With any configuration it gets only 3 cores.
I tried to change in two places:
1. conf/zeppelin-env.sh
2. interpreter.json
In both of them I tried to set "num-executors": "10" but I still get 3
(it's a 3 nodes cluster - I have 12 available cores).

Any idea?
Thanks!
Ophir

BTW
I also tried to pass compression variables to be used in the underline Hive
metastore and no luck as well - it seems that it does not passed.

Re: Can set number of executors on yarn-client mode

Posted by Ophir Cohen <op...@gmail.com>.
Succeded!
I updated ZEPPELIN_JAVA_OPTS:
export ZEPPELIN_JAVA_OPTS="-Dspark.executor.instances=6"
For some reason I couldn't find the right variable
(spark.executor.instances).

Thank you very much

Posted by Jongyoul Lee <jo...@gmail.com>.
Hi Ophir,

--
이종열, Jongyoul Lee, 李宗烈
http://madeng.net

Re: Can set number of executors on yarn-client mode

Posted by Ophir Cohen <op...@gmail.com>.
Thanks!

Posted by Jongyoul Lee <jo...@gmail.com>.
Hi Ophir,