Posted to users@subversion.apache.org by Martin Minka <ma...@gmail.com> on 2006/07/15 20:50:00 UTC

how many times was file changed

Is there a way to find out how many times was a particular file changed and
commited to respository ?

Martin Minka

Re: how many times was file changed

Posted by Patrick Burleson <pb...@gmail.com>.
On 7/15/06, Martin Minka <ma...@gmail.com> wrote:

> Is there a way to find out how many times was a particular file changed and
> commited to respository ?
>

> Martin Minka

svn log filename

Patrick

Re: how many times was file changed

Posted by Ryan Schmidt <su...@ryandesign.com>.
On Jul 15, 2006, at 23:43, Martin Minka wrote:

> Is it an option to use HOOKS to automaticaly increase value of
> PROPERTY (for
> example cad:revnum) ?
>
> I want to use SVN to store CAD drawings and I need to know the rev.
> number
> of particular drawing and can not use the global repository
> revision number.

I don't think so. A pre-commit hook may not modify the data in the
transaction. That includes file contents and file (versioned)
properties. The pre-commit hook may modify revision (unversioned)
properties, but that wouldn't do you any good, since you would
probably like to store this value with the file.

RE: how many times was file changed

Posted by Ryan Schmidt <su...@ryandesign.com>.