Posted to dev@lucene.apache.org by Ishan Chattopadhyaya <ic...@gmail.com> on 2019/10/21 17:52:03 UTC

[VOTE] Release Lucene/Solr 8.3.0 RC1

Please vote for release candidate 1 for Lucene/Solr 8.3.0

The artifacts can be downloaded from:
https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/dev/lucene/lucene-solr-8.3.0-RC1-revd796eca84dbabe3ae9b3c27afc01ef3bee35acb1

You can run the smoke tester directly with this command:

python3 -u dev-tools/scripts/smokeTestRelease.py \
https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/dev/lucene/lucene-solr-8.3.0-RC1-revd796eca84dbabe3ae9b3c27afc01ef3bee35acb1

The vote will be open for at least 3 working days, i.e. until

[ ] +1  approve
[ ] +0  no opinion
[ ] -1  disapprove (and reason why)

Here is my +1

RE: [VOTE] Release Lucene/Solr 8.3.0 RC1

Posted by Uwe Schindler <uw...@thetaphi.de>.
Hi,

Policeman Jenkins also verified the release for me:
SUCCESS! [2:49:07.411227]
Finished: SUCCESS

https://jenkins.thetaphi.de/job/Lucene-Solr-Release-Tester/26/console

I also downloaded it and did some checks in documentation and so on. I had not enough time to start up solr, I only looked at Lucene; but as it looks like it's complete and the structure of files are fine, here is my:

 +1

I I find some additional issue during Apachecon, I will come back. Who else is there?

Uwe

-----
Uwe Schindler
Achterdiek 19, D-28357 Bremen
https://www.thetaphi.de

Posted by Ishan Chattopadhyaya <ic...@gmail.com>.
This voted has closed. We'll respin RC2 after SOLR-13855 is fixed.

Posted by jim ferenczi <ji...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Ishan Chattopadhyaya <ic...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Uwe Schindler <uw...@thetaphi.de>.

Am October 22, 2019 12:38:18 PM UTC schrieb jim ferenczi <ji...@gmail.com>:
>If we respin I'd like to include
>https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/LUCENE-9022 that makes all join
>queries non-eligible for the query cache.
>The fix is ready and approved so I can backport any time if you are ok
>with
>it.
>
>Le mar. 22 oct. 2019 à 00:04, Ishan Chattopadhyaya <
>ichattopadhyaya@gmail.com> a écrit :
>
>> +1 to re-spin if this can be fixed quickly enough.
>>
>> On Tue, Oct 22, 2019 at 3:30 AM David Smiley
><da...@gmail.com>
>> wrote:
>> >
>> > I just discovered this:
>https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/SOLR-13855
>> which is in effect since 8.1, Distributed URP in cloud mode doesn't
>> propagate finish().  I see that Run URP further propagates this to
>the
>> UpdateLog.  Not doing this looks concerning to me.  The bug should be
>easy
>> to fix, which I plan to do if Bar Rotstein doesn't grab it very
>quickly.
>> Maybe you/others can ascertain the seriousness but I want to raise
>> awareness here.
>> >
>> > ~ David Smiley
>> > Apache Lucene/Solr Search Developer
>> > http://www.linkedin.com/in/davidwsmiley

>https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/dev/lucene/lucene-solr-8.3.0-RC1-revd796eca84dbabe3ae9b3c27afc01ef3bee35acb1

>https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/dev/lucene/lucene-solr-8.3.0-RC1-revd796eca84dbabe3ae9b3c27afc01ef3bee35acb1

Uwe Schindler
Achterdiek 19, 28357 Bremen
https://www.thetaphi.de

Re: [VOTE] Release Lucene/Solr 8.3.0 RC1

Posted by jim ferenczi <ji...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Ishan Chattopadhyaya <ic...@gmail.com>.

Posted by David Smiley <da...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Cassandra Targett <ca...@gmail.com>.
Since we’re only sort of half-way through revamping the Solr Ref Guide release process, I’ve manually pushed up the 8.3 Ref Guide with a DRAFT watermark if anyone would like to review it while looking at the packages: https://lucene.apache.org/solr/guide/8_3/.

Cassandra

Posted by Alexandre Rafalovitch <ar...@gmail.com>.