Posted to users@maven.apache.org by Marco Mistroni <mm...@gmail.com> on 2005/10/20 11:03:22 UTC

Maven & SQL tasks

hello all,
 i was curious about one thing.. with ant, you can launch SQL commands to
create a database, for example
 does Maven have same capabilities or do i have to revert to ant:sql in my
maven.xml?
 thanks in advance and regards
  Marco

Re: Maven & SQL tasks

Posted by Miks Rozenbergs <mi...@exigengroup.lv>.
Dion Gillard wrote:
> Is this for just running adhoc sql, or creating a database (tables, views, etc)?
>
> If it's the latter, we have an internal plugin we could easily open source.
I don't know about Marco, but for me it would be the latter. What
exactly is your plugin doing and how is it configured (e.g. do you
provide the SQL statements in some specific format)?

Regards,
Miks

Re: Maven & SQL tasks

Posted by Pete Thomas <pe...@gmail.com>.
I was wondering the same i.e how to refresh a DB from Maven, so Dion I
would be interested in your plugin.

I guess the other way is for e.g. Oracle run sqlplusw.exe as a
command, specified in the xml ?

Re: Maven & SQL tasks

Posted by Dion Gillard <di...@gmail.com>.
Is this for just running adhoc sql, or creating a database (tables, views, etc)?

If it's the latter, we have an internal plugin we could easily open source.

On 10/21/05, Arnaud HERITIER <ah...@gmail.com> wrote:
> I'm not sure there's a SQL plugin for maven 1 but you effectively can do it with ant in your maven.xml.
>
> Arnaud

Bernard Shaw

RE: Maven & SQL tasks

Posted by Arnaud HERITIER <ah...@gmail.com>.