Posted to users@cocoon.apache.org by Marco Spinetti <m....@pisa.iol.it> on 2000/11/30 08:42:55 UTC

ESQL PROBLEM AND QUESTION

Hi all,
I have a problem with a Xsp page which must ask a database: I use Esql. The Query can give many results, but also no one. A way exists to know how many results the Query has produced (get-row-count ?)? Does a way exist to tell the Esql about taking only the lines result to example from 5 to 10? If it does not exist I risk of possession as result of the interrogation a page (built by Esql) in which I have very many result elements ( for every result the code part is executed inside esql:row-results ).
Thanks help me.
Regards
Marco
m.spinetti@pisa.iol.it

Re: ESQL PROBLEM AND QUESTION

Posted by Donald Ball <ba...@webslingerZ.com>.
On Thu, 30 Nov 2000, Marco Spinetti wrote:

> Hi all, I have a problem with a Xsp page which must ask a database: I
> use Esql. The Query can give many results, but also no one. A way
> exists to know how many results the Query has produced (get-row-count
> ?)?

get-row-position.

> Does a way exist to tell the Esql about taking only the lines
> result to example from 5 to 10?

max-rows and skip-rows can be elements underneath esql:execute-query:

<esql:execute-query>
  <esql:max-rows>5</esql:max-rows>
  <esql:skip-rows>5</esql:skip-rows>
</esql:execute-query>